This week’s TOP 5 includes NV Energy’s intention to purchase power from three massive projects totaling 1.2 GW of solar and 590 MW of storage, AES’s groundbreaking of the Alamitos Energy Center’s 400 MWh storage component, the 15% hike of sales taxes on home energy storage systems in the UK, the announcement of three one-hour 10 MW battery storage systems in Germany and Lombardy’s €4.4 million incentive program for residential and commercial solar-plus-storage systems.
- NV Energy will be adding 1.2 GW of solar PV and 590 MW of battery storage to its portfolio.
- AES broke ground on Southern California’s long-awaited 100MW/400MWh Alamitos battery storage facility.
- UK’s HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) announced that VAT on new residential solar and storage products will go from 5% to 20% starting next October.
- Smart Power GmbH and Sungrow will be installing three 10MW/10MWh battery storage systems in Germany.
- Lombardy set to offer a €4.4 million jolt to residential and commercial solar-plus-storage systems.