This week’s TOP 5 includes a 110 M$ investment in EnergyVault by Softbank, NEC ES being contracted to build 6 energy storage projects for municipalities throughout New England, the construction start of a 12 MWh battery system by Vattenfall and BMW in the Netherlands, Glidepath’s plans to couple storage to wind power plants in Texas, and California willing to help customers threatened by wildfires effects to acquire battery storage systems.
- SoftBank is investing 110 million dollars in EnergyVault, the Swiss company developing crane-based energy storage systems.
- “NEC Energy Solutions has been contracted to provide six energy storage projects of more than 20 MW at municipal power plants throughout New England.”
- BMW and Vattenfall have started construction of a wind / solar / battery project (with 12 MWh of battery) in the Netherlands.
- GlidePath Power Solutions has acquired eight wind projects in North Texas with a total capacity of 149 MW and plans on adding energy storage on each of those sites.
- “California regulators want to direct $100 million in state energy storage incentives to a new class of disadvantaged customers: those living in parts of the state at the highest risk of deadly wildfires.