ESSEnergy Storage Services
Clean Horizon experts assist actors and support decision makers by assessing addressable markets for energy storage. We can also forecast prices on specific energy markets in order to propose a valuation for storage projects.
INTRODUCTION TO ENERGY STORAGE MARKETS
- Overview of technologies
- Global lessons learned and market trends
- Applications of utility-scale energy storage
- Raw material price, battery degradation, fire risk
- Recycling and repurposing, long duration storage
- Technology, technical & economic analysis:
- Electrochemical: Li-ion batteries, flow batteries, solid state batteries
- Mechanical storage: gravitational storage, compressed air, liquid air, flywheels
- Chemical storage: hydrogen through electrolysis
- Competitive landscape for developers and integrators in Europe, Asia, USA, Pacific…..
ECONOMIC & REGULATORY ANALYSIS
- Overview of specific power markets, installed capacity per country, market size forecast
- Revenues accessible for storage
- Help understand and shape regulations
BUSINESS PLAN OPTIMIZATION
- Market analysis, revenue stream analysis in different regions
- Battery storage optimal sizing, replacement and augmentation strategies
- Development of optimal storage trading strategy on the markets to build the revenue stack
- Building the business case for storage systems
Clean Horizon acts as an owner’s engineer or lender’s technical advisor for Independent Power Producers, Investors and Utilities worldwide.
SIZING, DESIGN AND PROCUREMENT
We support the complete project development process - from initial design to procurement, optimizing the storage configurations:
- Drafting and administering RFPs for storage assets
- Supporting contract negotiation on technical and financial terms
- Tendering the aggregator, negotiation of terms
- Detailed system design
COSMOS SIMULATION TOOL
Since 2014, Clean Horizon has developed and continued to improve a “desktop version” of an EMS (Energy Management System). We use this tool to simulate storage operation and determine the optimal sizing of storage and hybrid projects – both from a technical and economic standpoint
- Project sizing
- Performance analysis
Grid impact studies and national energy planning
Working with island utilities, governments, and Development Finance Institutions, Clean Horizon supports long-term power system planning by assessing the techno-economic optimum of energy storage to support renewable energy integration and maintain grid stability.
Clean Horizon is one of the leading consultancies worldwide for the realization of due diligences of energy storage projects or IPP platforms.