Energy storage & Hydogren news - July 22nd, 2022
This week’s TOP 5+1 features news about the commissioning of a battery project in Ireland, announcements about power purchase agreements in Puerto Rico and Arizona, announcements about a joint venture in Japan, the start of construction of a solar plus storage project in South Africa and public funding for hydrogen companies and projects in the EU.
Energy Storage News
- ESB and Fluence have commissioned a 19MW/38MWh battery storage project in Ireland.
- Convergent Energy + Power signed a power purchase and operating agreement for a 100MW solar with a 55MW battery in Puerto Rico.
- SouthWest Public signed a PPA for a 300MW solar and 600MWh storage project in Arizona, US.
- Orix and Kansai Electric Power have signed a joint venture to develop a 48MW/113MWh storage project in Japan by 2024.
- Scatec started the construction of a 540MW solar with 225MW/1140MWh battery project in South Africa.
- The European Commission will award €5.4 billion in public funding to 35 companies and 41 projects concerning the hydrogen value chain.