Energy storage & Hydogren news - May 20th, 2022
This week’s TOP 5+1 features news about plans for energy storage projects in Australia and the UK, announcement about a PV plus storage project in Cote d'Ivoire, PPA agreements for solar plus storage projects in the US, a 2500MWh energy storage supply agreement and the commissioning of a green hydrogen production project in Spain.
Energy Storage News
- Maoneng is planning to build a 240MW/480MWh battery storage system in Victoria, Australia.
- Aura Power has secured planning permission for a 100MW storage system in the UK.
- Saft will supply a 10MW/13.8MWh battery in a PV power plant in Cote d'Ivoire.
- AES has signed two PPAs with Amazon for a portfolio of 450MW solar and 225MW battery systems.
- Powin has signed an agreement to supply 2500MWh of battery systems to Ameresco until 2025.
- Iberdrola inaugurated a 20MW green hydrogen production plant in Spain.