Energy Storage & Hydrogen News - April 21st, 2023
This week's TOP 5+1 features news about a new storage target for the state of Maryland, a state financing for storage projects in Croatia, the commissioning of a solar plus storage project in Germany, plans for storage projects in Malawi, Eriteria and the UK, and plans for a green hydrogen project in the Netherlands.
Energy Storage News
- The state of Maryland has approved a bill to set an energy storage target of 3GW by 2033.
- The government of Croatia will provide a state aid for 20MWh of storage projects.
- Enerpac has commissioned a 35MW solar and 8MWh storage project in Germany.
- IFC and AfDB banks have financed storage projects in Malawi and Eriteria totalling 25MW.
- Invinity Energy Systems is planning to install a 7MW/30MWh storage project in the UK.
- The port of Rotterdam Authority is planning to install a 1GW green hydrogen project in the port of Rotterdam.