Energy storage & Hydrogen news - April 8th, 2022
This week’s TOP 5+1 features news about plans for a renewable, storage and hydrogen hub in Western Australia, plans for several storage projects in the UK, South Africa and the Philippines, the commissioning of a battery project in Japan and plans for a green hydrogen production facility in a PV plus storage plant in Spain.
Energy Storage News
- Sunshot Energy is planning to build a 600MWh to 800MWh battery in a renewable energy and green hydrogen hub in Western Australia.
- Sungrow will supply a 362MW/391MWh storage system in the UK.
- Hyosung Heavy Industries will supply a 48MW/192MWh battery system to state-owned utility Eskom in South Africa.
- Scatec and Aboitiz Power are planning to build a 20MW/20MWh battery in the Philippines.
- Sumitomo Electric has commissioned a 51MWh battery in Hokkaido, Japan.
- Iberdrola is planning to build a 20MW green hydrogen electrolyser in a 100MW PV plus 5MW/20MWh storage plant.