Energy Storage & Hydrogen News - August 18th, 2023
This week's TOP 5+1 features news about the results of the Greek storage tender, a storage report from the Italian grid operator, plans for a storage project in New Caledonia, plans for storage projects in Israel, a large storage portfolio agreement in the US, and plans for a green hydrogen project in Brazil .
Energy Storage news
- Greece has awarded 411 MW of battery storage projects in its first storage tender.
- Terna says that Italy will need 71 GWh of grid-scale energy storage by 2030.
- New Caledonia's government announced plans for a 50 MW/150 MWh storage system.
- Sungrow will supply EDF Renewables Israel with a 127 MWh storage systems for Israeli projects.
- Kore Power and Energy Vault have signed an agreement to develop 1.3 GWh and 7 GWh of storage projects by 2025 and 2027, respectively in the US.
- Brazilian company Maturati Participacoes has signed a MoU to develop a 330 MW green hydrogen project along with PV and wind production in Brazil.