Energy storage and hydrogen news - December 10th, 2021
This week’s TOP 5+1 features news about plans for a portfolio of 200MW battery projects in Lithuania, a 4GWh compressed air energy storage project in California, the start of operations at the Victorian Big Battery in Australia, the acquisition of a 100MW storage project by TagEnergy, the installation of a 3.5MWh battery at a wind farm in Spain and plans for a 290MW hydrogen plant in the US.
- EPSO-G is planning to build four separate 50MW battery systems in Lithuania.
- Hydrostor will supply a 500MW/4000MWh storage project in California, US with its 'Advanced Compressed Air Energy Storage' (A-CAES) solution.
- Neoen has started operating 300MW/450MWh Victorian Big Battery in Australia.
- TagEnergy has acquired a 100MW battery project in the UK from RES.
- Iberdrola will install a 3.5MWh battery at a wind farm in Spain.
Hydrogen news: Woodside will develop a hydrogen facility in Oklahoma,US with an initial capacity of 290MW.