Energy storage & Hydrogen news - December 17th, 2021
This week’s TOP 5+1 features news about plans for a 360MW storage project in England, the commissioning of a solar plus storage project in Florida, the results of a storage tender in Australia, the start of construction of storage projects in Australia and Madagascar, and plans for a 2GW green hydrogen project in Saudi Arabia.
- Sembcorp Energy is planning to build a 360MW battery project in England.
- Florida Power and Light has commissioned a solar plus 900MWh battery project.
- Hitachi Energy won the tender of a 35MW battery system in Northern Territory, Australia.
- Neoen has announced the start of construction of a 100MW/200MWh battery in the Australian Capital Territory.
- Rio Tinto has started the construction of a wind-solar plus 8.25MW storage project in Madagascar.
- Thyssenkrupp won a 2GW electrolyzer supply order for a green hydrogen project in Saudi Arabia.