Energy storage & Hydrogen news - February 18th, 2022
This week’s TOP 5+1 features news about plans for three storage projects in California, announcements about two large storage portfolios in the US and Taiwan, the commissioning of two storage projects in the US and one project in England, and plans for an electrolyser gigafactory in France.
Energy Storage News
- San Diego Gas & Electric is planning to build three storage projects totalling 161MW/664MWh in California.
- Powin Energy will supply 5.8GWh of battery energy storage systems in the US and Taiwan.
- Daiwa Energy & Infrastructure and Solariant Capital announced a parternship to develop a portfolio of 2.5GWh battery projects in Southern US.
- Convergent Energy + Power brought live two battery projects (9MW/36MWh and 6MW/24MWh) in California.
- Trina Storage has commissioned a 50MW battery project in England .
- McPhy will receive 114 million euros in financial aid to build an electrolyser gigafactory in France.