Energy storage & hydrogen news - February 25th, 2022
This week’s TOP 5+1 features news about plans for two storage projects in Australia, announcement about a 40MWh project in Canada, UK government funds for storage projects, the commissioning of astorage project in Ireland, and plans for a hydrogen project in Portugal.
Energy Storage News
- Origin Energy is planning to install a 700MW battery storage system on the site of a coal power plant in Australia.
- Genex Power is planning to build a 50MW/100MWh storage project in Australia.
- Enel X has started the construction of a 20MW/40MWh energy storage system in Canada.
- The UK government has awarded around 8M euros of funding.
- Fluence has supplied a 10.8MW battery storage system for Greencoat Renewables project in Ireland.
- Fusion Fuel and KEME are planning to develop a 1.22MW solar to hydrogen project in Portugal.