Energy storage & hydrogen news - January 14tH, 2022
This week’s TOP 5+1 features news about 40MW energy storage projects in the US, a PPA for a solar plus storage project in Germany, plans for a 100MW storage project in England, investments in two energy storage companies and a green hydrogen production facility in the Netherlands.
Energy storage news
- FlexGen will supply 40MW of batteries to utility cooperatives in North Carolina, US.
- EDF has signed a PPA with Green Energy 3000 for a 5.1MW solar with 1.7MW battery project in Germany.
- Fund manager Catalyst Capital is planning to build a 100MW battery in Yorkshire, England.
- Goldman Sachs has invested US$250 million in long-duration energy storage provider Hydrostor.
- Green Capital has made an equity investment of US$20 million in energy storage company Delorean Power.
- Thyssenkrupp will install a 200MW green hydrogen plant for Shell in the port of Rotterdam.