Energy storage & Hydrogen news - January 21st, 2021
This week’s TOP 5+1 features news about plans for a 480MWh storage project in Australia, the comissioning of storage projects in California and Texas, a joint venture about energy storage systems in India, a 19GWh of battery cells selling contract and plans for a joint venture about green hydrogen projects in Greece.
Energy storage news
- Maoneng has received development approval for a 240MW/480MWh battery energy storage project in Australia
- Convergent Energy+Power has commissioned a 10MW/40MWh battery project in California, US.
- Three 10MW/20MWh energy storage projects were commissioned by Burns & McDonnell in Texas, US.
- Fluence and Indian IPP, ReNew Power have formed a joint venture to provide energy storage solutions in India.
- Technology company Honeywell has signed a contract with battery manufacturing company Freyer to purchase 19 GWh of battery cells from 2023 through 2030.
- Public Power Corporation and Motor Oil Hellas have signed a Memorandum of Understanding to form a joint venture dedicated to the development of green hydrogen projects in Greece.