Energy storage & Hydrogen news - January 23rd, 2023
This week's TOP 5+1 features news about the commissioning of a solar plus storage project in the US, the signing for two PPAs in the US, the start of construction of a solar plus storage project, the signing of a JV to develop a storage project in India and plans for a green hydrogen project in Germany.
Energy Storage News
- Clearway Energy Group has commissioned a 36MW solar plus storage project in Hawaii, US.
- Southern Current and Dominion Energy have signed a PPA for a 108MW solar plus 198MWh storage project in South Carolina, US.
- Hydrostor has signed a PPA for a 200MW/1600MWh advanced compressed air energy storage project in California, US.
- Longroad Energy has started the construction of 215MW solar plus 860MWh storage project in Arizona, US.
- Oil & Natural Gas Corporation and Assam Power Distribution Company have signed a JV to develop a 250MW/500MWh storage system in India.
- BP is planning to install an energy hub to produce up to 130,000 tonnes of hydrogen annually in Germany by 2028.