Energy storage & hydrogen news - January 28th, 2022
This week’s TOP 5+1 features news about the construction of a storage project in Texas, plans for a 1400 MWh extension of a storage project in California, installation of two storage projects in Scotland, two announced storage projects in Egypt and Suriname, and a Memorandum of Understanding about green hydrogen projects in Japan.
Energy Storage News
- Glidepath has begun construction of a 50MW/50MWh battery energy storage system project in Texas, US.
- Vistra Energy has announced plans for adding a 350MW/1400MWh energy storage system to the existing 400MW/1600MWh storage project in California, US.
- Amp Energy is planning to install two 400MW/800MWh storage projects in Scotland.
- Wärtsilä is supplying a 7.8MW/7.8MWh energy storage system at a gold mine in Suriname.
- Sungrow will provide 2.6MWp PV inverter and 1MW/4MWh energy storage system in Egypt.
- Masdar and Cosmo Energy Holdings have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to partner in green hydrogen projects in Japan.