Energy storage & hydrogen news - March 11th, 2022
This week’s TOP 5+1 features news about a PV plus storage project in Ghana, a PV plus storage PPA in the US, the results of capacity market auction in Italy, a large storage purchase order for projects in Texas, a storage project in Norway and plans for a green hydrogen production facility in Oman.
Energy storage news
- Huawei is supplying a 1GW solar PV and 500MWh battery project in Ghana.
- D.E. Shaw has signed a 200MWac/400MWh solar and storage PPA with Sacramento Municipal Utility District.
- Mytilineos was awarded a 15-year capacity market contract for a 25MW storage project in Italy.
- Bridgelink has ordered from Eos 240MWh of energy storage systems for projects in Texas.
- Saft will supply a 6MW/7MWh storage project in the Norwegian Arctic region.
- Scatec and ACME will jointly build and operate a 300MW green hydrogen production facility in Oman.