Energy Storage & Hydrogen News - March 31st, 2023
This week’s TOP 5+1 features news about approval for an energy storage project in Iowa, the beginning of the construction phase for a project in UK, the cancellation of a tender in US islands, the selection of two battery suppliers for a project in South Africa, the completion of a project in Virginia (USA) and the signature of a MoU for green hydrogen project near Suez Canal.
Energy Storage News
- Wartsila and Eolian have commissioned a 200MW storage project in Texas, US.
- Scenic Hill Solar, CS Energy and Kore Power are planning to build a 20MW solar plus 41MWh storage project in Arkansas, US.
- RES has a submitted a planning application for a 50MW storage system in Scotland.
- Naturgy has announced plans to install 145MW/290MWh of battery storage plants in Spain by 2025.
- Engie has acquired a 50MW battery project in Scotland.
- Denmark and Germany have agreed to build a green hydrogen pipeline by 2028.