Energy storage & hydrogen news - March 4th, 2022
This week’s TOP 5+1 features news about the results of the UK capacity market, the Spanish Ministry's support scheme for energy storage, the commissioning of an energy storage project in California, the unveiling of a $3 billion renewable energy precinct in Australia, the US $1.3 billion securement for the Red Sea Project.
Energy storge news
- UK Capacity market T-4 auction cleared at £30.59 /kW/year with a total of 42364 MW capacity awarded.
- The Spanish Ministry for the Ecological Transition and the Demographic Challenge opened a 50-million-euro scheme to support R&D energy storage initiatives.
- Terra-Gen’s 140 MW/ 560 MWh Valley Center Battery Storage Project is now operational.
- The $ 3 billion green energy precinct announced in Queensland aims at becoming the largest renewable precinct of the southern hemisphere.
- US $ 1.302 billion senior debt facilities have been secured for the 1300 MWh Red Sea Project in Saudi Arabia.
- MAN Energy Solutions plans on spending up to 500 million euros to become 'world-leading player' in hydrogen electrolysers.