Energy Storage & Hydrogen News - May 5th, 2023
This week's TOP 5+1 features news about plans for storage projects in the UK and Belgium, the commissioning of a storage project in France, a storage tender results in Australia, a programme supporting storage projects from the Israeli government and plans for a green hydrogen project in the US.
Energy Storage News
- Wartsila and EDF Renewables are planning to install a 57MW/114MWh storage project in the UK.
- Alfen and Centrica are planning to install a 24MW/54MWh storage system in Belgium by 2024.
- Boralex has commissioned a 3.3MWh storage system at a wind farm in France.
- RWE has been awarded a 50MW/400MWh storage system in a tender in Australia.
- The government of Israel is promoting a programme to construct four storage projects totalling 800MW/3200MWh.
- CF Indutries and NextEra have announced a memorandum of understanding to develop a 100MW green hydrogen plant in the US.