Energy storage & Hydrogen news - November 18th, 2022
This week’s TOP 5+1 features news about a funding program for long-duration storage in the US, the commissioning of storage projects in Portugal and Australia, the start of construction of storage projects in Scotland, plans for a storage project in Denmark and plans for a green hydrogen project in the US.
Energy Storage News
- US government has launched a $350 million funding for long-duration storage projects.
- Electricidade de Madeira has commissioned a 15MW/16.4MWh storage system provided by Fluence in Madeira Island, Portugal.
- AGL has started the construction of a 50MW/50MWh storage project in Australia.
- Zenobe has started the construction of a portfolio of three storage projects totalling 1GW/2GWh in Scotland.
- Hyme Energy and Bornholms Energi & Forsyning are planning to build a 1MW/20MWh molten salt thermal energy storage project in Denmark.
- NovoHydrogen and TigerGenCo are planning to install a 120MW green hydrogen project in New Jersey, US.