Energy storage & Hydrogen news - October 14th, 2022
This week’s TOP 5+1 features news about an energy storage tender in Canada, plans for two energy storage projects in Australia and Ireland, the start of construction of a solar plus storage project in the US, the commissioning of a storage project in the Netherlands and plans for green hydrogen projects in Spain.
Energy Storage News
- The Ontario government has confirmed plans for a 1.5GW tender for battery storage in the Canadian state.
- Energy Australia is planning to install a 500MW energy storage project in New South Wales, Australia.
- Strategic Power has secured planning permission for an energy storage project with a capacity over 200MW in Ireland.
- Ameresco has started the construction of a 42MW solar and 42MW/168MWh battery in Hawaii, US.
- Giga Storage has commissioned a 24MW/48MWh energy storage project in the Netherlands.
- The European Commission has approved a 220million euros state aid to Spanish company Cobra to install two electrolysers with a total capacity of 205MW.