Energy storage & Hydrogen news - October 21st, 2022
This week’s TOP 5+1 features news about the commissioning of a storage project in the US, the construction of a solar plus storage project in Italy, plans for storage projects in Australia, Chile and the UK, and a partnership for the development of green hydrogen projects in England.
Energy Storage News
- Axium Infrastructure and Canadian Solar have commissioned a 350MW/1400MWh standalone energy storage project in California, US.
- Enel Green Power has started the construction of a 86MW solar plus 25MW storage project in Italy.
- AMPYR and Shell Energy are planning to develop a 500MW/1000MWh energy storage project in New South Wales, Australia.
- AES Andes is planning to install a 560MW molten salt energy storage system in Chile.
- Balance Power and TagEnergy have signed a partnership to develop a portfolio of energy storage projects totalling 500MW in the UK.
- A consortium comprising Progressive Energy, Statkraft and Foresight is planning to build a portfolio of green hydrogen projects starting with a 100MW initial project in England.