Energy storage & Hydrogen news - October 28th, 2022
This week’s TOP 5+1 features news about an energy storage supply contract in Italy, the commissioning of a storage project in Northern Ireland, the start of construction of a compressed air energy storage project in China, plans for solar plus storage projects in Australia and Egypt, and a partnership for the development of a green hydrogen project in Spain.
Energy Storage News
- Nidec ASI has won a contract to provide a portfolio of energy storage systems totalling 1.35GW/5.4GWh in Italy.
- ABO Wind has commissioned a 50MW/25MWh storage project in Northern Ireland.
- China Energy Engineering Group and Taian Taishan New Energy Development Co have started the construction of a 350MW/1400MWh compressed air energy storage project in China.
- Energy Vault is planning to add a 250MW/500MWh energy storage system to a 330MW solar farm in Australia.
- KarmSolar has secured financing for a 2.6MW solar plus 1MW/4MWh battery project in Egypt.
- Repsol, Enagas and Engie are planning to build a 100MW green hydrogen project in Spain by 2025.