Energy storage & Hydrogen news - October 7th, 2022
This week’s TOP 5+1 features news about plans for energy storage projects in England and Germany, plans for two energy storage projects in the US, the start of construction of a storage project in England, a partnership about a portfolio of storage projects in the UK and plans for green hydrogen projects in India.
Energy Storage News
- Fluence and TransnetBW are building a 250MW Netzbooster energy storage project in Germany by 2025.
- Balance Power has secured planning approval to build a 50MW energy storage project in England.
- Alliant Energy is planning to deploy two energy storage systems totalling 175MW/500MWh in Wisconsin, US by 2025.
- Equinor will start the construction of its first commercial 25MW/50MWh battery storage project in England in January 2023.
- Fotowatio Renewable Ventures and Tyler Hill Partners are partnering to deploy a 1GW portfolio of energy storage projects in the UK by 2027.
- Ohmium and Amp Energy India are collaborating to deploy 500MW of green hydrogen projects in India over the next three years.