Energy storage news - August 27th, 2021
This week’s TOP 5 features news about investments in an energy storage system integrator, in a gravity-based energy storage company and in a thermal energy storage firm, and also news about a storage project in Tahiti and the financing of a solar-plus-storage project in California.
- Energy storage system integrator FlexGen has raised US$ 150M in equity investment.
- Gravity-based energy storage company Energy Vault has secured US$ 100M in series C funding.
- Thermal energy storage company Malta Inc has raised US$ 60M in series B funding.
- Kokam will supply a 15MW/10.4MWh battery energy storage project to Electricité de Tahiti.
- Natixis Bank has closed two separate financings for a solar-plus-561MWh storage project in California