Energy storage news - August 6th, 2021
This week’s TOP 5 features news about an incident in an energy storage project, the plans of a solar-plus-storage project in Australia, the deployment of a vanadium redox flow battery project in Spain, a 210MW energy storage request for proposals in New York, and the construction of a 12GWh lithium-ion battery factory in the US.
- Tesla Megapack caught fire at the 300MW Victorian battery in Australia.
- BHP will build a 10.7MW solar farm and 10.1MW battery at Leinster, Australia.
- Largo Resources will be supplying a 1.22MW/6.1MWh vanadium redox flow battery to Enel Green Power Espana.
- New York utilities Con Edison, Orange & Rockland has issued a 210MW energy storage request for proposals.
- KORE Power is planning to build a lithium-ion battery manufacturing facility in Arizona with an annual production capacity of up to 12GWh