Energy storage news - June 25th, 2021
This week’s TOP 5 features news about a big battery project announced by IEnova in the north of Mexico, the plans of Eneco and GIGA Storage to develop a 48 MWh BESS in the Netherlands, the development strategy of Romanian distributor Electra which includes renewables and storage resources, the completion of a large battery system by Wartsila in the UK and the upcoming supply of a DC-coupled energy storage solution in Western Africa by Jinko Solar.
- Mexican corporation IEnova will develop a 100 MW Battery Energy Storage System connected to the CAISO grid in Mexicali, with the support of the IFC.
- Eneco is planning the installation of a 24 MW / 48 MWh battery storage system in the Netherlands.
- Romania's electricity distribution company Electra envisions an investment in up to 100 MW of energy storage capacity by 2023.
- A 50 MWh battery unit developed by Pivot Power has been successfully energized by Wärtsilä in the UK.
- Jinko Solar will be supplying a 1.2 MWh integrated DC-coupled storage system in an undisclosed Western African country.