Energy Storage news - November 20th, 2020
This week’s TOP 5 features news about South Australia's utility big battery announcement, release of a large flexibility tender for demand-side and storage resources in the UK, contract for deploying 1 GWh of battery storage awarded to ACWA Power, start of construction works on RWE's largest solar-plus-storage project in the US, and the completion of a 10 MW battery in French Guiana by Voltalia.
- Australian utility AGL announced it will build a 250 MW, 4-hour battery on the site of the Torrens Island power station.
- UK Power Networks will procure another 250 MW of local flexibility capacity through a new tender.
- Saudi Arabia's ACWA Power has been contracted for developing a 1 GWh battery storage installation within the scope of the Red Sea regenerative turism project.
- The construction of RWE's 40 MW / 80 MWh battery storage project has started in Georgia.
- A 10 MW battery storage unit designed to provide energy-shifting and rapid reserve was commisionned by Voltalia in French Guiana.