Energy storage news - November19th, 2021
This week’s TOP 5+1 features news about the construction of a solar-plus-storage project in French Guiana, two 100MWh storage systems in the UK, a storage project in South Africa, the financing of a 565MWh energy storage project in Hawaii, a solar-plus-storage project in Thailand, and plans for the construction of a green hydrogen production plant in Austria.
- Voltalia has started the construction of a 5MW solar plant with 10.6MWh battery in French Guiana.
- TagEnergy and Harmony Energy are building two 100MWh projects in the UK.
- Azelio will supply 1.3MWh of its long storage system to a project in South Africa.
- Plus Power has secured financing for its 185MW/565MWh Kapolei energy storage project in Hawaii.
- Sungrow is supplying a 49MW solar plus 45MW/136MWh storage project in Thailand.
- Austrian energy company Energie Steiermark will invest 10 million euros to build a green hydrogen production plant in Austria