Energy storage news - October 22nd, 2021
This week’s TOP 5 features news about a 1000MWh tender in India, plans for a 1300MWh battery project in Saudi Arabia, two 50MW battery systems in the UK, a PPA for a solar-plus-storage project in California, and plans for an energy storage project in Vietnam.
- Solar Energy Corporation of India is preparing for a 1000MWh standalone battery systems tender.
- Huawei Digital Power will supply a 1300MWh battery system to the Red Sea Project in Saudi Arabia.
- Anesco is building two separate 50MW energy storage projects in the UK.
- Leeward Renewable Energy has signed a 15-year PPA with Valley Clean Energy for a 72MW solar and 36MW battery storage facility in California.
- AC Energy and AMI Renewables are building a 7.5MW/15MWh battery project in Vietnam.