Energy storage news - October 29th, 2021
This week’s TOP 5 features news about an MoU on a 1GW wind-plus-1GWh storage project in Kazakhstan, plans for more than 2GWh of energy storage systems in California, two storage projects in Taiwan, results of a tender for a wind-plus-storage project in Chile, and the commissioning of a 50MW battery system in the UK.
- Total Eren has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Kazakhstani government to develop a 1GW wind project with 1GWh energy storage system.
- Ameresco is building 2.15GWh of energy storage systems in California by August 2022.
- NHOA is supplying 420MWh of batteries to two storage projects in Taiwan.
- Statkraft was awarded the tender of a 400MW wind-plus-storage project in Chile.
- Pivot Power, Wartsila, and EDF have commissioned a 50MW/50MWh battery in the UK