Energy storage news - September 17th, 2021
This week’s TOP 5 features news about a 20MW tender in Pakistan, the sale of an energy storage company, an energy storage project in Australia, the commissioning of the first solar-plus-storage project in Spain, and plans for a battery factory in Russia.
- Pakistan has released a tender for its first grid-scale battery storage project.
- LG Energy Solution has acquired energy storage company NEC Energy Solutions.
- Wärtsillä will develop a 9.2MW/8.7MWh energy storage system at a gold mine in Australia.
- Iberdrola has commissioned a 40MW PV-plus-3MW/9MWh storage project in Spain.
- Russian energy storage company Renera is planning to build a 3GWh lithium-ion battery factory.