Energy storage news - September 24th, 2021
This week’s TOP 5 features news about a solar-plus-storage project in Australia, the first battery project in Lithuania, a joint venture about storage systems in the UK, the acquisition of a 600MWh storage system in New Mexico, and plans for a battery factory in Poland.
1. EDL is building a 4MW solar plant and 4MW/4MWh of battery storage in Queensland, Australia.
2. Lithuanian transmission system operator has connected the first battery(1MW/1MWh) in the country in preparation for the implementation of a 200MW project by October 2022.
3. NextEnergy Solar Fund and battery storage specialist Eelpower have signed a joint venture that targets 250MW of storage assets in the UK.
4. D.E. Shaw Renewables Investments has acquired a 150MW/600MWh battery energy storage system in New Mexico, US.
5. Durapower, Pozbud, and Elmodis have signed a Memorandum of Understanding to build a factory for producing up to 2GWh of batteries per year in Poland.