Energy storage news - September 3rd, 2021
This week’s TOP 5 features news about a vanadium flow battery storage project in China, the construction of a solar-plus-storage project in Ecuador, a solar-plus-storage project at a gold mine in Egypt, the acquisition of a storage system in England, and the signing of an offtake agreement for a solar-plus-storage project in Texas.
- VRB Energy has started the construction of a 100MW/500MWh vanadium flow battery energy storage project in Hubei, China.
- Gran solar and Total Eren are building a 14.8MW solar PV plant and a 40.9MWh battery storage system in Ecuador.
- Sungrow will supply equipment for a solar project with 7.5MW battery energy storage system at a gold mine in Egypt.
- EIG Partners has acquired a 49MW battery system from EDF in Nottinghamshire, England.
- RWE Renewables has secured an offtake agreement with energy supplier Constellation for a 200MW solar-plus-80MW storage project in Texas.