GROUP DISCOUNT: Interested in registering 3 participants or more (up to 5) ?
Please enter 1 as quantity and type CORP2IN1 in the coupon field to benefit from a total price of 1 800 EUR/ 2 025 USD. If you chose the CORP2IN1 option, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the list of registrees (Company, Paypal transaction ID, first and last name, email address).
Two online sessions:
March 16th 2021 - 2pm/5pm CET: Introduction to energy storage, by M. Michael Salomon, CEO of Clean Horizon Consulting.
This introductory session to energy storage is a great introduction the energy storage markets worldwide, taking a look at the broader picture from an international perspective.
May 18th 2021 - 2pm/5pm CET: Business models and revenue streams in Europe, by M. Corentin Baschet, Head of Market Analysis.
This second session covers the market structure in Europe and its benefits for energy storage, as well as the market developments for storage to provide a variety of services across the electricity supply chain (generation, transmission, distribution).
- Two 3-hour live webinar
- Training slides
Who should attend?
Any stakeholder interested in understanding the energy storage markets and the different technologies available.
Session 1 - Introduction to energy storage markets
Introduction to the storage markets worldwide
● Brief overview of energy storage technologies
● Energy storage leaderboard
● Main applications of utility-scale energy storage
Lithium-ion: what to expect for the next decade ?
● Breakdown of the turn-key battery storage system cost
● NMC vs LFP, what is at stake
● The fire risk explained
● Recycling & repurposing
● Is long-duration storage a myth ?
● Green hydrogen, what has changed in 2021 ?
Global market trends:
● Choosing between AC- and DC- coupling
● Aggregation: a must-have for storage
● The economics behind renewable-plus-storage PPAs
Session 2 - Business models and revenue streams for energy storage in Europe in 2021
Introduction to the European storage markets
● Overview of the installed capacity per country
● Why do we need capacity payments
● The strike price model VS the availability model
● Example of the French long-term capacity auction
Frequency Containment Reserve
● The FCR cooperation
● FCR price : where will the decline end ?
Fast frequency control services
● The growing need for fast frequency control
● Example of the Dynamic Containment, Great Britain’s most lucrative ancillary service
Secondary reserve markets
● The PICASSO cooperation project
● How to generate revenue with storage assets on the aFRR
● Example of Belgium: energy storage takes advantage of Elia’s new aFRR format
Renewable-plus-storage auctions in Iberian countries
● Spain VS Portugal: what will be the role of storage in the next auctions ?
● Mapping of the major opportunities for storage in Europe
● A quantitative forecast of the storage landscape in 2025